The Trade Lane Manager is responsible to optimize results by facilitating a close, customer-focused collaboration with products, P&L owners, and country sales, specifically, but not limited to, for the China - Saudi Arabia Trade Lane development for Airfreight Logistics.
- Strategic ‘driver’ of the trade lane business development; increase and generate trade lane specific business.
- Responsible for establishing bilateral partner agreements in alignment with Trade Lane Management and Product Management in both countries, set up tariffs, carrier solutions and create transparency of economic figures e.g., sales, gross profit, result figures to facilitate business flow.
- Responsible for supporting country sales with route development related materials including but not limited to know-how pool (partner presentation, local rates, customs requirements etc.) and market knowledge [competitors, capacities, prices and (potential) clients].
- Responsible for account development on selected focus trade lane[s] by aligning on customer target lists and action plans, designing customer solutions relevant to the trade.
- Arrange joint calls and customer visits with Sales, operation, management personnel, as well as the overseas counterparts.
- Support global/regional tender projects and pricing request for major customers.
- Conduct RD sales campaigns (flyers, initiatives, rates) in alignment with TL partners and Marketing team; contribute to budget/target setting and drive trade lane campaigns.
Skills and Competencies
- Min 3 years business experience, mainly in the international logistics / transportation field, with strong key account management and business development exposure.
- Proven record of successful business development with multinational companies.
- Relevant Bachelor or master’s degree or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of air freight product, logistic services, supply chain management and solution design for air freight and logistics services in relevant industry segments.
- High degree of work flexibility and willingness to travel.
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding interpersonal competencies, and cultural sensitivity.
- Leadership skills, ability to drive business success through virtual teams.
- Strong business acumen, result-focused business approach.
- Excellent communication, mediation, and presentation skills.
- Focus on business development along with strong “selling” ability.
- Positive and convincing attitude and an empathetic, motivating personality.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle/manage conflicts with internal and external parties.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across cultures and geographies.
- Very good command of English language (verbal/written); Chinese Language is of advantage.
- Ongoing professional development
- Flexible work culture
- Dynamic work environment
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues world-wide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume to email@example.com