Air, ocean and land traffic restrictions during the 2017 BRICS Summit in Xiamen from Septemaber 3 - 5, 2017
Dear Valued Customer,
The Chinese Government will be hosting the 9th BRICS Summit in Xiamen, Fujian province in China, during September 3 - 5, 2017. To meet quality and security requirements, the local government has announced tightened traffic control measures effective in the weeks leading up to the summit.
These measures are expected to cause disruptions to regular operations processes in the next weeks. While the exact impact on business operations are yet to be determined, following are the restrictions that have already been announced.
Xiamen Air Freight
20 – 27 Aug
Temporary embargo of DG cargo except Lithium Battery Section II to / from Xiamen/XMN Airport.
31 Aug – 06 Sep
All kinds of Trucks will be forbidden on the road within Xiamen city limit and can only be used between 10:00PM to 05:00AM if obtaining permit from police in advance.
28 Aug – 08 Sep
- Temporary embargo of all classes of DG cargo, incl. Lithium Battery Section II, to / from Xiamen/XMN Airport.
- Security inspections at Xiamen/XMN Airport will be heightened. Therefore, the ratio of opening packages for manual inspections will increase. Also, the general security inspection time will be consequently longer than usual.
31 Aug – 07 Sep
All cargo freighters to/from Xiamen airport will be cancelled.
Xiamen Ocean Freight
- No traffic permit to Xiamen city can be applied for trucks/containers starting from 16 Aug after the traffic measures are announced.
- Some carriers announced that the vessels from Xiamen island will be suspended during 1 - 8 Sep, but no impact for vessels calling from Haicang terminal (in mainland).
- All direct service for Europe and TPAC will be calling in Haicang terminals, only feeder and some service for Intra-Asia will be calling in Xiamen island.
- APL, CNC, COSCO, KMTC, MAWEI have announced that vessels from Xiamen to Intra-Asia will be suspended during BRICS Summit period.
- From 27 Aug, 0:00 - 6 Sep, 24:00, all terminals will stop the operation of DG cargo for both export and import.
Xiamen Contract Logistics & National Distribution
31 Aug - 6 Sep
- No trucks/containers are allowed running in Xiamen City from 31 Aug to 6 Sep, delivery operations will be halted during this period.
- The warehouse will remain in operation, but no goods receive or dispatch in warehouse during this period.
- National Distribution services in Xiamen city will be suspended at this period.
We would like to advise you to take the following actions to minimize impact on the businesses:
- Place shipment bookings early
- Liaise in advance with your DB Schenker local representatives to communicate your shipment requirements
- Highlight any urgent shipments
Should there be further restrictions announced, we will update you accordingly. If you require more information, please contact your local DB Schenker sales representative or send an email to email@example.com.
DB Schenker Team