Our Supply Chain Solutions Service Center located in Frankfurt/Main is looking for a
Logistics Clerk (f/m/d)
This position requires direct contact with our clients and our 3Pl logistics providers to ensure a high level of performance in the movement of goods through the supply chain. Arrange outbound/inbound cargo shipments from start to finish. Communicate with both internal and external customers. Investigate and resolve problem shipments. You will support the department with freight management functions involving both import and export aspects of international transportation be it air, land or sea. This position provides a solid resources to build, adhere, and deliver service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate the routing of import and export bookings with airline and ocean carriers
- Timely preparation of spot rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents
- Collaborate and build relationships with customers, carriers, and agent representatives regarding air, ocean, import, and export products to strengthen service competitiveness
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import and export documentation to clearing agents
- Dispatch pick-ups to authorized agents and drayage companies, shipping lines, airlines, trucking companies, clearing agents, warehouses, and all other parties involved in the shipment
- Track and Trace shipments, resolve occuring issues with customers and vendors and liaise with brokers, agents and operators
- Support quarterly metrics (KPI's) while obtaining if not exceeding your individual metrics
- Apprenticeship in Logistics and Forwarding or Degree in Logistics and Forwarding
- Detailed knowledge of operational procedures regarding air, ocean, import and export business
- Strong customer service, customer development or business development experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Knowledge of state, federal, and international applicable laws and regulations i.e. customs, TSA, security, and all other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade
- HAWB's, MAWB's, AES filings, Manifest, Shipping Instructions, Hazardous Cargo Declarations, Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and other spreadsheet applications
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and German fluently
- Self-motivated, assertive, and responds to branch metrics
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 74,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us:
Schenker Deutschland AG
Phone: +49 (0) 1523 7405888
Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.