- Work with business units and functions globally to identify business problems and analytics needs for Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research solutions; consult with them on how to best support their data use through the effective adoption of technology; contribute to the development of data-driven business models
- Drive the definition, requirements, design, delivery and adoption of innovative AI and Operations Research solutions together with business units and IT organization
- Act as product owner and set the strategic vision and roadmap; prioritize the features for development for data analytics projects
- Follow agile product management practices to ensure timely delivery of product deployments
- Support the department's mission by building and extending critical AI enables such as digital strategy, AI awareness or data leadership
- Master's degree in a related technical/mathematical/business discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Several years track record in professional organizations with an emphasis on (digital) strategy, digital product management, business/marketing intelligence, consulting or a related field
- Ability to translate business problems into quantitative analyses and insights by driving product ideas from concept and ideation through successful market launch and ongoing management
- Strong conceptual skills and innovation attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills on management level as well as operational level
- Passion to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies
- Experience in data analysis (using e.g. R, Python, C++) preferred
- Knowledge of Operations Research, AI and machine learning methods preferred
- Knowledge of the logistics & transportation industry preferred
- Clear and succinct verbal and written communications in English
- Global mindset and high level of cultural sensitivity
Location: Essen or Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
The Global Data Strategy & Analytics department is on a mission to turn DB Schenker into a data-driven company. Our multicultural and cross-functional team focuses on designing advanced analytics solutions to solve business use cases in logistics utilizing Machine Learning, AI techniques, Operations Research, Data Visualization tools and Big Data technologies in cooperation with our Software Engineering team, internal business units and global IT. We are looking for a talented Business Consultant who can contribute to our projects by developing data-centric business models, consulting business owners regarding potential for solutions based on Artificial Intelligence or Operations Research and drives related projects.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.