- The overall management of his/her assigned trade lane. This includes door to door activities as well as a responsibility for the trade round trip in regards to procurement and procurement strategies as well as preparing pricing strategies for customers
- Grow volume and foster trade development based on a clear plan (strategic and transactional) which enables to grow business sustainably, healthy and in line with the assigned trade budget, as well as across regions
- Optimize global procurement activities, ensure an optimal GP as well as maximize the VIP program, support local trade teams to achieve best procurement results as well as optimal pricing with customers on an end to end basis
- Daily monitoring of execution of the carrier strategy and deviation management
- Maturing and accelerating carrier relationship management
- Achievement of the committed carrier budgets as well as ensuring carrier allocation safeguarding
- Support VIP optimization (based on central Headoffice input)
- Engagement with sales and countries/clusters
- Several years of experience, ideally within an international company
- Trade Management experience
- University master's degree, preferred in Business Administration or equal
- In depth trade specific knowledge and understanding
- Highly flexible, highly motivated
- Ability to travel (domestic and overseas)
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- MS Office knowledge
- Passion for ocean
- Customer facing activities (Operations, Sales, Business Development)
- Highly developed social skill sets (bringing people together, problem solving, etc.)
- Global mindset, strategic target and result orientated
- Entrepreneurial touch
- Relationship and Networking competencies
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Representative appearance
With seminars, trainings and further qualifications we offer our employees (m/f/d) individual and long-term development and career opportunities on professional, project and management levels.
Fascinating national and international projects and tasks such as sports and events logistics, trade fair logistics or special transports enrich the work environment.
Workplace Health Management
We take social responsibility for our employees (m/f/d). DB Schenker offers a comprehensive workplace health management with programs for health promotion and prevention.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
The Global Trade Management Team is responsible for the overall management and optimization of the ocean freight trade lane activities. This includes carrier management as well as volume growth strategies. The team is responsible for procurement, carrier relationship management, but also fostering ocean business development and yield optimization as well as development of related tools, information management and similar.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.