- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures.
- Conduct regular 5s audits to ensure high standards are maintained and improvement areas are proactively addressed.
- Monitor and correct at-risk behaviors.
- Recognize and reward positive behaviors.
- Comply with SLI safety standards and PIT equipment safe operating practices.
- Submit complete and accurate incident reports identifying root cause and corrective actions needed in a timely fashion for all safety and quality/service related incidents.
- Select, place, and train staff and define specific job assignments.
- Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met.
- Maintain and implement plans to maintain productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale.
- Recognize and reward employee efforts that support plan.
- Develop improvement plans during the focal review process.
- Review each individual's performance at least twice yearly for progress against focal plan.
- Initiate needed disciplinary action in a timely fashion.
- Plan, manage and control day to day operations for assigned groups or functional areas.
- Implement and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices relating to the operation.
- Verify process compliance through work audits.
- Trend and report on volumetric data for assigned area(s) to assist in labor planning decisions.
- This is a supervisory position.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Generally prefer 2+ years of related supervisory experience.
DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.