Responsible for supervision of a specific department or function within the station.
- Supervise department or shift activities to ensure effective customer service
- Assist in identifying and improving service and operations related issues in a station
- Develop and monitor productivity standards
- Assist in auditing and researching service performance issues and develop recommendations for improvements
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for job activities, and define specific job assignments.
- Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and achievement of organizational objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a supervisory position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Earn up to 3 weeks' Vacation over the course of your first year + Holidays + Sick Days
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We are strong believers in continual training and development for our people. Your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity