DB Schenker, a division under German rail operator Deutsche Bahn AG, is the world's leading integrated logistics service provider with a dense global network of about 2,000 locations and over 76,000 employees worldwide. With over 50 years of experience in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, Schenker Asia Pacific connects all the important economic regions in over 14 Asian countries to support industry and trade in the exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management (CL/SCM).
About the Business Architecture Function and Team
The Business Architecture team exists to deliver defined business benefits ensuring strategic, Operations technology and digitization alignment. Tactically this includes (but is not limited to): requirements gathering; design &/or solution development; specification definition; project / initiative management; IT build coordination, testing support; training development (support); and deployment (support).
The function is established within the business' Operational Excellence (Ops Ex) structure. The incumbent is required to support the development of a team culture that constructively collaborates cross-functionally and across Markets to deliver superior customer centric business benefits whilst minimizing business risk.
About The Job
The Manager - Business Architecture APAC role is a functional leadership position, reporting to the Head of Business Architecture, APAC within the CL/SCM product. Due to the business' operational footprint, this will require a mix of direct and remote management approaches to ensure
- harmonized way of working
- fulfilment of internal and external customer demands
- compliance to business mandated processes, protocols & frameworks
The role requires extensive cross function collaboration (with strong potential for cross-border/regional work) to deliver a high standard of output including (but not limited to): process optimization, technology integration, digitization, and strategic alignment.
- Provide strong functional leadership appropriate to the level of the role to oversee, govern, and when required directly manage gap identification and analyses, change requests documentation quality, and warehouse processes standardization; particularly with regard to WMS implementation / migration. An absolute focus on standardization and adherence to business systems security protocols with regard to all aspects of the function is a key requirement. The role requires mature team leadership and highly competent business solution architecture skillsets underpinned by detailed experiential understanding of logistics operations across various market sectors.
- Includes (but not limited to) requirements gathering; design &/or solution development; specification definition; project / initiative management; IT build coordination, testing support; training development (support); deployment (support);
- Continuously improving the regional business architecture framework and engagement models.
- Review and approve all strategic system change requests to ensure quality of the business requirements specifications document, and that the changes are in line with regional guidelines. Business process standardization must be front and focus when considering any system changes.
- Lead and manage regional IT projects, ensuring they're delivered on time, within scope, and within budget. Coordinating with external vendors and internal teams for the flawless execution of projects.
- The role requires extensive cross function collaboration (with strong potential for cross-border/regional work) to deliver a high standard of output including (but not limited to): process optimization, technology integration, digitization, and strategic alignment.
- Provide proactive functional leadership at a regional level, working closely with market, Operations & Operations Excellence leaders to successfully deploy agreed solutions ensuring compliance with business mandated processes.
- Develop and execute regional business architecture strategies and roadmaps, ensuring alignment with the organization's overall strategic objectives
- Effective project management, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Constructive collaboration with key stakeholders to evaluate current processes, identify gaps, and propose improvements that improve operational efficiency, costs and customer satisfaction
- Oversee the design and implementation of business solutions, guaranteeing seamless integration with existing systems and processes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local leadership and cross-functional teams, acting as a trusted advisor on strategic system matters
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the business architecture team and the wider organization
- Monitor and report on the performance of market-level business architecture initiatives, identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for growth
- Regularly assess existing systems and processes to identify areas of improvement
- Champion a culture of innovation, encouraging the team to seek new technologies and methodologies that can benefit the business
- Make recommendations to continuously improve the regional business architecture framework and engagement models
- Hold a bachelor's degree Computer Science, Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain, Business Management or relevant technical field
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the logistics, 3PL and supply chain industry across various market segments (e.g. electronics, healthcare, consumer & retail, automotive, etc)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business architecture, business solutions management, process improvement, or a similar role within the logistics or supply chain industry.
- In depth knowledge of Warehouse management systems. Prior experience with Infor WMS is advantageous.
- Excellent organisation, coaching skills and leadership demonstration with workstream leaders
- Self-starter with positive attitude to overcome problems effectively and able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision and work closely with workstream owners on changes where required
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing business solutions that deliver operational efficiency and growth
- Strong experience with software development methodologies and technologies, such as Agile, DevOps, and Cloud computing.
- Proven ability to design, develop, and integrate software systems with business processes and data, leveraging modern programming languages and frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts to business stakeholders and influence them to adopt new technologies and software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with software development teams, including software architects, developers, and testers, using best practices in people management and agile project management.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders re status reporting, including escalation of recommendations to the project Sponsor or Steering Group on issues that required intervention / action
- A hands-on approach, comfortable to navigate ambiguities and manage priorities, able to multi-task and work under time pressure
- Robust problem-solving skills, with the capacity to think strategically and drive change
- Strong analytical skills with good commercial & technical understanding in the context of a 3PL environment
- Knowledgeable across different products appreciating their various specific requirements, ie: cold chain, health care (medical device, pharmaceutical); high-tech; industrial; FMCG; etc
- Managing all aspects of various complex projects from initiation to closure, including but not limited to initiation, planning, execution, testing, training, go-live, hand-over and closure
- Possess strong persuasive skills when presenting proposed solution(s) to customers (when necessary)
- Fluent spoken and written English a requirement; other Asian language(s) are beneficial
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to travel interstate and/or overseas on a project basis as required for agreed durations
Why DB Schenker?
Competitive salary package
Opportunities for career growth and development, both locally & internationally
Supportive and collaborative team environment
Access to company-wide training programs and initiatives
Interested in this unique job opportunity? Then please click the apply button above. You'll be redirected to our Careers Portal where you'll be able to submit your application.