As the Business Intelligence Analyst Ocean Freight, you will be responsible to capture, understand and analyse all Ocean Freight related data, to build metrics, identify root causes and provide answers based on data-related research and solutions. You'll consult the European Ocean management team as well as Country Ocean Managers from answering easy to handle ad hoc requests up to the analyzation of large complex data sets. As part of your routine, your job won't be limited to the creation, re-production and visualization of reports in different dashboards but will include the responsibility to derive key messages and conclusions out of the analysis enabling actionable measures. Furthermore the ownership to improve ocean data quality as well as to enhance level of understanding, visualization and simplicity will fall under your responsibility.
If you have shown success in creating and producing standardized reports and interactive dashboards, dealing with ad-hoc requests, analysing complex data, identifying process improvement opportunities, and researching new ways to do things, we're looking forward to your application.
- Develop reports and dashboards for the European Ocean Freight management and communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Analyze and interpret results, and provide insights to determine operational impact and opportunities
- Cooperate with the teams and management to understand their needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, deliver actionable insights
- Generate reports (including ad hoc reports), charts and visual presentations
- Provide insights that facilitate the decision-making process or help internal stakeholders to achieve their goals
- Manage and track operational performance indicators and identify process optimization improvement, take corrective action to improve performance
- Propose changes in the operational data store (ODS) to ensure access to the necessary data
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements
- Troubleshooting report queries by reviewing report calculations, parameters, underlying data, and explain what the reporting fields are returning
- Identify potential problems, present alternatives and/or propose solutions
- Proactively identify data quality issues and define data quality improvements
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, business informatics, technical business or a related field
- Experienced in Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Expertise with PowerBI (experience in DAX Language) and/or SAP BusinessObjects
- Data-driven with a strong focus on analytical problem-solving, data analysis and management skills
- Ability to develop recommendations and make decisions based on existing available data
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to take the initiative to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Do you have any further questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your call/email! Schenker Europe GmbH Edmund-Rumpler-Strasse 3 60549 Frankfurt am Main Germany firstname.lastname@example.org * Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.