The Region Europe is a newly established/consolidated region within the global Schenker organization. The European CL/SCM division accounts for 950M€ revenue, generated in 11 Cluster organizations (totaling 29 country organizations) with more than 250 operational sites, servicing over 4,000 customers.
The Operational Excellence [Ops Exc] department is primarily responsible for driving operational performance into all CL/SCM operations in Europe. In order to reach this the department further develops and establishes approaches and culture in regards to standardization, continuous improvement and people development - also but not exclusively- based on global concepts (e.g. XSITE). This will drive the value of our contracts as well as profitable business growth with existing customers.
The owner of the above-mentioned position will be a member of the Operational Excellence team. He/ she will report to the Head of Operational Excellence. The owner of this position shall actively drive operational excellence into European operations and further develop of all operational excellence topics.
In more detail the tasks of the position owner are the following:
- Lead implementations of the new CL/ SCM production system XSITE into operations in Europe
- Manage timelines, resources and targets of XSITE implementation projects
- Train site leadership and shop-floor teams on the general idea of the production system, lean basics and advanced tools, KPIs and performance management
- Coach the upper management of a site (KATA), Sparring's partner for the upper management of an operation
- Supports strategy deployment of the operation
- Moderate and conduct improvement workshops (including Value Stream Mapping, POP, Kaizen)
- Assess the site against established CL/SCM operational system standards & award up to silver status
- Provide technical/ operational support for site improvement initiatives
- Actively support the target setting of an operation
- Strict monitoring of progress in KPI and EBIT
- Manage further general CI activities for operations in Europe
- Collect and share implementation and operational best practises with our European community
- Continually improve the Continuous improvement concepts and implementation methodologies
- Collaborate closely with cluster teams
- Collaborate closely with corporate team
- Providing necessary trainings: on site, country or European level
- Support knowledge development and -exchange (via trainings, e-learning, exchange platforms, forums) within Europe and towards Global