- Diagnose root causes for losses on site jointly with the site team and other affected stakeholders. Take a broad view including operational, commercial, and financial aspects.
- Review existing logistics operations, including contractual scope, inventory management, good warehousing practices, the systems landscape, as well as the use of operational KPIs.
- Review the composition of the site's work force with regards to the optimization of employed versus temporary workers, taking into account the specific local regulations.
- Identify areas of improved cross-utilization of workers and equipment across the site.
- Identify over-equipment and propose alternatives.
- Review actual pricing and billing practices against contracts and best practices in order to identify areas of optimization and contractual enforcement.
- Analyze and compare the competitiveness of contractual agreements and rates with our current suppliers (e.g. temp agencies, landlords, utilities, MHE providers, facility services).
- Review full use of our legal and contractual entitlements towards suppliers, especially with regards to payment terms, warranties, damages and pricing schemes.
- Assess existing customer profitability accounting practices, including the collection of allocation data, the use of allocation keys, and their processing to increase accuracy.
- Where not available, establish an accurate baseline P/L for each major customer.
- Identify the need to involve additional subject matter experts from within the Schenker group as well as exceptionally third-party experts.
- Conceptual Tasks
- Combine analytical results and turnaround measures in realistic but challenging business cases ("turnaround plans").
- Map contractual and commercial options in support of the colleagues fronting the customer and suppliers in negotiations ("fight plan").
- Ensure that decision makers evaluate alternative concepts and involve relevant stakeholders before final conclusions are being made.
- Suggest reorganization and process optimization for single customer operations and site level.
- Suggest improvements to operational productivity based on effective KPI reporting. (Re-) establish it where it is not in place (anymore).
- Propose and support scoping efforts, including new operational design and pricing changes.
- Validate logistics concepts / solutions planned by the site and suggest alternatives.
- Assist the drafting of contract and contractual adjustments with commercial advice.
- Use your documenting skills to present your findings as well as the turnaround measures in a clear and appealing way.
- Regularly monitor the execution of the turnaround measures including their financial impact against the plan and flag deviations.
- In case of deviations, propose countermeasures in order to bring the site's financial performance in line with the original ambition.
- Actively contribute to the further development of our HEAL turnaround methodology
- Very good commercial and operational understanding concerning logistics operations gained in P/L management of a sizable contract logistics site/operation or in hands-on site controlling.
- At least 8 to 10 years of professional experience in P/L management of a logistics site, site controlling with a good knowledge of quality management and continuous improvement methods (such as 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of occupational safety and fire protection standards and practices.
- Great level of flexibility, hands-on approach, creativity and the ability to set own agenda and work under own initiative.
- Experience in international projects and distinctive intercultural competency.
- Fluency German and in English.
- Very good communication skills and ability to talk and present to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experienced user of MS Office and MS Project
- A general understanding of warehouse management system functionality as well as billing and accounting systems is a plus for this role.
- Willingness to travel (about 12 travel days per month) throughout region Europe and exceptionally also beyond.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Do you have any further questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your call/email! Schenker Europe GmbH Edmund-Rumpler-Strasse 3 60549 Frankfurt am Main Germany firstname.lastname@example.org * Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.