- Analyze data sources and design, code, test, debug, automate, document and maintain data pipelines
- Support and interact with data scientists and business consultants in all their data-related activities
- Support in understanding customer needs and identify how data can be used to generate competitive advantage
- Define user requirements for development or improvement of software solutions
- Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies
- Understand operational constraints and requirements, and tailor solutions fully compliant with them
- Model, design and implement databases as necessary
- Develop software according to DB Schenker standards, and to offer the best usability for operational activities
- Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the DB Schenker guideline
- Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle
- Provide support to clients or another internal group if needed
- Support the end users in the production phase by debugging existing software solutions in response to incident and evolution tickets issued by users of the services
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Eager to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions using data
- Flexible analytical approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency in POSIX systems (e.g., Linux, MacOS X) and the command-line terminal (e.g., grep, awk, sed, find, cut, sort, diff, vi/emacs)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite) and good knowledge of SQL
- Experience to deliver software and of the software development life cycle: source code repositories (Git) and versioning/branching/peer reviewing, continuous integration (e.g., GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis), project management (e.g., Jira, Redmine), documentation (e.g., Confluence), deployment/release (e.g., artifact building and repositories), maintenance
- Familiarity with Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience with NoSQL (Impala, Drill, Hive, HBase, Tez)
- Good knowledge of an analysis framework such as Python Pandas, R, Matlab
- Knowledge of front-end analysis tools (e.g., Tableau, MS PowerBI)
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive, etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets (several TB)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages, and more specifically Scala
- Knowledge of PaaS (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku, OpenShift) and their associated models (e.g., containerization and virtualization) and tools (e.g., Docker/Podman, LXC/LXD, Proxmox, OpenStack)
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.