- Develop an understanding of international ocean freight forwarding and underlying systems used by DB Schenker
- Own the process documentation function for Ocean Freight Operations
- Lead localization by adapting standardized workflows to local legal- and operational requirements and adding locally unique services
- Build and maintain business process workflows using Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Monitor, measure and provide feedback on process performance
- Analyze process models and determine the necessary changes for arriving at the improved state
- Act in a manner which increases Customer satisfaction and loyalty, maximizes shipment profitability and decreases operating expenses
- Promote a paperless, digital office environment utilizing all modern communication methods and electronic tools provided by DB Schenker
- Support a positive, attractive working atmosphere and office environment
- Support the international, cross-functional implementation of a harmonized process documentation methodology
- Make business process improvement recommendations based on analysis of "as is" workflows
- Participate in- and prepare content for process redesign workshops
- Facilitate process workshops that involve extracting process requirements and liaising with users/operators
- Investigate whether certain features and processes fit within the existing system
- Maintain control over process model and its documentation vis-à-vis other internal business units during transformation / offshoring periods
- University degree in business administration or a technical discipline
- Certified BPMN2.0 knowledge
- Familiarity with Signavio or other BPM software conform with BPMN2.0 (preferred)
- Familiarity with REFA time study methodology (preferred)
- International freight forwarding knowledge (preferred)
- Several years of active/hands-on experience using Business Process Modeling Notation, preferably in a highly agile environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Work closely with business/operational professionals to capture details of processes at a level that reflects the actual flow
- Work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication skills and professional communication etiquette
- Fluency in written and spoken English (Business level)
- Perform well under pressure
- Must work well within a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.