For our global delivery hub in Delhi, India, we are looking for a General Manager located in Delhi NCR, India.
* Runs the TSC Global Delivery Hub in India including its organization, operations, people, staffing, and budget in accordance with all relevant legal requirements, SOPs, guidelines, rules of procedure, with alignment and compliance with Schenker India Legal Entity.
* Achieving financial, strategic and other goals of GDH India Tragets in line with the strategy of global IT&D and of the Technology Solution Center (TSC) within given decision-making powers
* Represents the TSC GDH India towards suppliers, vendors as well as Schenker India Legal Entity , internal business units in terms of compliance related topics, purchased and delivered services
* Actively contributing to the IT network by closely collaborating with other IT&D units, especially with the TSC functions, other TSC locations and competence center owners
* Driving cost efficient and effective competence center as well as internal optimization for the overall GDH India in close collaboration with global TSC and the (internal) customers (IT&D partners).
* Manages financial and human resources activities for maximum operational efficiency:
o Plan, steer, support and control the local HR and finance functions.
o Ensure IT projects, services and headcount-based costs stay competitive, and income stays within the yearly budget.
o Enable and support the local HR department on strategic outlook, accurate forecast and hiring of the right talents.
* Manages reputation as an employer, watching employee satisfaction and their identification with the company:
o Creates and implements an employer branding strategy addressing the company image on the labour market in close collaboration with local People & Organization department.
o Ensures local continuous improvement and efficiency growth, addressing location-wide gaps, balancing growth, costs and strategic orientation.
o Setting up an efficient management to execute the formal aspects of disciplinary supervisor lines.
* Coordinates internal / external audit activities related to GDH India and Schenker India Legal Entity. Strictly follows and complies with all rules and regulations of DB Schenker Compliance Guideline
* Works in close collaboration with Schenker India legal Entity, other TSC locations, TSC functions and competence center owners, as well as (internal) customers (IT&D partners), aligns strategic initiatives and shares good practices to strengthen the global network.
* Provides human resources and finance related statistical figures and reports, supports the yearly budget process, maintain alignment with Schenker India Legal Entity Finance and People & Organization.
* Ensures local continuous improvement and efficiency growth.
* Derives location strategy from DB Schenker. IT&D and Global TSC Strategy and contributes to achieve given goals and KPIs.
* Supports TSC functions and competence center owners with the framework and conditions to successfully deliver TSC services to the (internal) customers (IT&D partners).
* Supports TSC functions and competence center owners to develop, modify and deliver training for new policies, procedures, processes, communication skills, general customer service and technical support skills.
* Performs overarching capacity management for the location (look for overload / available capacities, align on functional heads for balancing, identify synergies).
* Makes recommendations for staff with regards to salary proposals, promotions, dismissals, career planning in close alignment with functional supervisors, TSC leadership team, and IT Governance.
* Oversees vendors management in case of utilizing external resources (including SLAs, quality management, reporting, etc.).
* Initiates local specific strategic initiatives based on the TSC strategy and in line with IT&D strategy.
* Aligns with Schenker India legal Entity Finance, People & Organization and Management as necessary for engagement, cooperation, compliance, and coordination.
* Demonstrates drive, confidence, risk taking and good customer handling skills
* Strong communication & negotiating skills, as well as leadership qualities
* Independent & able to work with minimum supervision
* Distinctive administration skills
* Excellent Intercultural/communication skills
* Deep Knowledge about IT and Digitalization in the area of logistics services
* Personality profile: integrity, initiative & commitment, self-reliance, flexibility, ability to work under high pressure, integrative, persistency, assertiveness
* Strong project management know how
* Languages: Fluent in English, oral & written (must), fluent in German, oral & written (desirable)
* Knowledge about Solution Design / IT Architecture
Minimum Master degree in IT or related disciplines
* Proven experience 6+ years in managerial roles, including complex and 50+ members team
* Minimum 9+ years of relevant working experience in the industry
* Experience of working in an Intercultural environment, within area of responsibility (must), outside / globally (ideally)
* Ideally experience with global implementations / solutions and their challenges (incl. Project Management)
* Ideally experience in managing or representing a legal entity, ideally within a global organization
* Experience in workshop facilitation and management
* Experience in financial management (budget, actuals, invest requests, ..)
DB Schenker Technology Solution Center (TSC) India was established in 2017 and has been certified as a Great Place to Work for consecutive 3 years. We boast a strong community of 350+ tech professionals, with ongoing growth. Our office is in Delhi NCR which strategically positions our tech team near to the business team, fostering collaboration and synergy between different functional areas. We also recently expanded our footprint to 2 more locations in Hyderabad and Pune, indicating organizational growth and a broader reach. Our tech hub is dedicated to creating and delivering state-of-the-art digital solutions for the global logistics operator DB Schenker. With this focus, TSC India builds innovative IT solutions by combining partner orientation, enterprise knowledge, and technical excellence to bring value to the business.
At DB Schenker Technology Solution Center India you are a part of a global logistics and IT network that connects the world. With 76,000+ colleagues worldwide, we collaborate with global teams and invest significantly in our people development. For us People and Technology Grow Together. Our core pillars of care, stability, and respect reflect the values that underpin our brand, emphasizing a holistic and positive work environment.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.