Position Description Summary: Responsible for performing a wide variety of analytical and specialized administrative support to relieve department managers or staff of administrative details of complex details and administrative duties. Responsible for writing, producing and maintaining documents such as procedures, work instructions, reference manuals, and forms. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Work on various assignments that are sensitive in nature with senior management contacts internally and externally of the organization
- Exercise independent judgment in making administrative decisions requiring knowledge of organization structure, polices, and procedures
- May take and deliver messages, provide information to callers
- Screen calls, visitors, take messages, and direct inquires to correct destination
- Exercise special or continuous research and data analysis tasks
- Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data and prepares reports/recommendations
- Coordinate activities between departments and outside parties
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports
- Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature
- Compose non-routine correspondence, reports, graphs and presentations using spreadsheets and graphic software
- Assist in successful management of ISO 9002 certification
- Act as the liaison for all HR activities and processes for the department or field station
- Process and track department costs and expenditures
- Coordinate training events, schedules, notifications and registrations. Collect and maintain employee training records
- Author ISO procedures and work instructions and maintain appropriate department documents, forms and references
- Review outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with department policies The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is a senior level administrative position. Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity