Position Description Summary: Responsible for loading and unloading freight accurately, inventory control, rotation and inspection and other warehouse related duties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of freight to customers. Assist the Supervisor and Manager maintain the operations of the warehouse facility by acting as lead liaison/ point of contact between Warehouse Manager and assigned areas of the warehouse. Provide direction to warehouse employees while performing individual warehouse responsibilities in a specific functional. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Load inbound and outbound freight to and from vehicles and containers
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Reconcile driver pick up and delivery manifests
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
- Communicate work area needs to Warehouse Supervisor
- Determine daily tasks, workloads and coordinates staffing accordingly in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor. Delegate warehouse tasks in assigned area in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor
- Identify system or process issues and communicate those to Warehouse Supervisor
- Coordinate trucking transportation in and out of the warehouse
- Maintain quality standards for warehouse storage and service including communication to internal and external customers
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* This is a senior-level position. * Good interpersonal skills required. * High school diploma or equivalent required. * Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience. * Warehouse experience preferred.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity