Join our team as a Warehouse Operative!
Join our dynamic team as a Warehouse Operative and take charge of the day-to-day Transportation and Warehouse Operations! Your mission is to ensure we achieve our business objectives while delivering the highest level of Customer Service. With a strong focus on safety, quality, housekeeping, and cost, you will play a vital role in maintaining our standards. Support the EMC VMI by efficiently managing pallet picking, carton picking, and receipt of various shipment types using our advanced WMS - IMI. Get ready to make a significant impact and be part of our success story!
What will you be doing?
- Take ownership of Health & Safety in all aspects of Transportation and the Warehouse, maintaining a continuous focus on Employee Welfare with emphasis on Health & Safety, Hygiene, Dangerous Goods, and Housekeeping.
- Liaise with customers daily, delivering a professional and personal approach to ensure service levels meet or exceed expectations, fostering long-lasting and rewarding business partnerships.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customers' businesses, enabling proactive development to meet and surpass their needs, in collaboration with facility colleagues.
- Ensure 100% compliance with Customers' operating procedures, promptly investigating non-conformances or service level issues and implementing necessary corrective actions.
- Utilize computerized and manual stock control systems, including IMI/WMS, for efficient management of inventory, encompassing picking, receiving systems, stock counts, cycle counting, and more.
- Manage corrective actions in a timely manner, ensuring full closure of all corrective actions.
- Adhere to Air Cargo Security and Quality requirements, ensuring 100% compliance.
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management systems.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Management / Logistics operations.
- Transportation & Warehouse experience in forwarding /logistics or a related industry and a proven track record in successful Health & Safety management.
- Previous forklift experience desirable
What We Offer
- Exciting career paths and development opportunities.
- 20 days of annual leave (with an increase of 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days) and a day off for your birthday.
- Pension scheme with up to 5% employer contributions.
- Private healthcare coverage.
Interested in joining our dynamic team? Apply now by following the links and attaching your CV as soon as possible. Please note that we may begin reviewing applications before the job advert expires.
At DB Schenker, we celebrate the diversity of our workforce and are committed to further enhancing it. We warmly welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, abilities, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations.
Please be aware that candidates will undergo necessary right-to-work checks for the UK/Ireland, a 5-year referencing process, and a criminal records check.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker (Ireland) Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.