- Lead a team of subordinates to manage daily logistics operations and distribution system in the aspect of people, process, system, service quality, resources optimization, cost management and related planning.
- Ensure that good liaison is maintained with governmental department or related organizations, regarding the rules and regulations of import / export / re-export, etc. such as licensing formalities, commodity information, and that all parties within the Company are well informed of the information, requirement and applications on documentation, restrictions and transportation mode
- Manage and ensure that all incoming and outgoing orders, data / information, shipment and paperwork are accurately received, put-away, updated, manipulated, transferred to the proper designationed location in timely and good condition upon receipt at Logistics Center
- Ensure all goods in the warehouse are properly collected, received, handled, accurately sorted, identified, value-added, transferred and dispatched; goods/order information capture are fully performed accurately and timely as per agreed SOP and KPI
- Develop a good sub-contract management system and establish harmonious relationships with the sub-contractors
- Keep track and ensure that the irregularities or non-conformance shipment return to/from customer, express company, forwarder, supplier or other subcontractors are handled properly and timely
- Lead and develop teamwork culture, motivate team spirit and maintain high morale of staff to increase productivity, to maintain good communications with all levels, peer groups and with external customer
- Constantly look for improvement opportunities along the value chain, to streamline and re-engine the processes to achieve or exceed the service standard or target
- Enforce security and work safety measures and controls in the Logistics Center and distribution network
- Monitor the departmental budgetary control and allocation of resources and ensure optimal resources are utilized in terms of facilities, system application, people and related information data
- Contribute to add value to all services in conjunction with directions, established performance standards, measurements in cost saving and cost effectiveness
- Work with management, Account Team to review the performance, business opportunity , complaint/claims, feedback raised from internal and external customers and identify solutions for continuous improvement and error prevention
- Analyse the reports on operational performance and field discrepancies; propose plans or ideas for operation and process improvement to superior
- Provide on-the-job training to individual staff to improve work performance and productivity Deploy and complete special assignments at the instructions of the Logistics Manager / General Manager.
Role related Qualifications/ Skills:
* Knowledge of Sales processes
* Relevant Technical and Industry experience in logistics
* Relevant degree required
* At least 5 years' experience in logistics management and related environments
Role related Performance Indicators:
* New business development
* Logistics solutions
* Client satisfaction
* Company reputation & Brand
* Maintenance of current clients
* Internal cross functional partnership
Role related Competencies
* Delivering through others
* Building org Talent
* Client orientation
* Business acumen
* Communication skill
* Build value based relationships
* Personal influence & impact & disposition
* Drive and deliver results
* Decision making & problem solving
We’re strong believers in continual training and development for our people. After all, your success is our success.
Total Rewards Package
DB Schenker Malaysia provides a Total Rewards Package comprised of competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and reward systems.
Our vacation and leave policies reflect our belief in proper work-life balance.
See the world with DB Schenker! If you’re searching for an international challenge, we offer plenty of opportunities.
Employee Insurance Benefits
We provide comprehensive insurance package including Group Hospitalisation & Surgery (GHS), Group Personal Accident (GPA) & Group Term Life (GTL).
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
To be considered for this position you must have valid rights to work and live in Malaysia