Warehouse Systems Spec. Lead is the primary source of knowledge in all areas of WMS configuration, operation and support and is responsible for providing on-site level 1 support. Principal Accountabilities
- Configuring WMS system to meet business processes.
- Serve as the single point of contact and liaison between customer, operations and Contract Logistics IT.
- Provide level 1 support to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve WMS issues where possible; escalate to IT Support when necessary.
- Clearly document details of WMS issues including steps to recreate the issue when escalation is required
- Assist training new hires on WMS
- Participate in cross-functional improvement projects
- Ensure adherence to WMS best practices per defined standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Pursue continuous personal and organizational improvements
- Maintain a high level of quality in work performed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Follows all SOP and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of business operations
- Possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Performs all other duties deemed necessary to support the WMS system and operation.
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Generally, prefer 2-5 years of experience in related field. Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficient computer skills are required for this position. Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvements. In depth knowledge and experience within a WMS (warehouse management system), preferably Infor SCE, is required. Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to multitask on a daily basis. Ability to demonstrate problem solving and leadership skills. The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity