Position Description Summary: Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments. Review contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions. Interface with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipments/consolidations. Select carrier/forwarder for shipment of products and prepares documents for freight forwarders. Accurately perform all accounting functions related to the billing, distribution and collection of funds for the client's cargo. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
- Monitor Mawb pre alerts for quick turnaround upon cargo arrival
- Request 1F from import carrier prior to cargo arrival to expedite the recovery process
- Prepare Pickup/Delivery order with required voucher/check for the importer carrier one day prior to cargo arrival
- Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to the Import gateway facility
- Ensure all cargo is received complete and in good order as per Mawb and cargo manifest
- Arrange transfer of cargo and documents to the controlling local branch
- Notify remote branches about shipment arrival
- Work with importing carriers to solve discrepancies
- Ensure all require KPI events are properly recorded in the system
- Follow up with Internal customers to resolve inquires
- Review and issue invoice.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Create invoice for Import Gateway services The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Working Environment: Assignment Complexity - Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Accountability - Apply job skills and applicable corporate policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks. Impact of Decisions - Errors detectable upon supervisory review. Limited impact on corporate operations and fiscal health. Working Relationships - Regularly interact with peers and management concerning matters of moderately complex scope and discretion. Scope - Work on problems moderately complex in scope. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Requirements: Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests. Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is an intermediate level position. Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience. Good interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards. Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule. Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval. High school diploma or equivalent required
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity