At DB Schenker Technology Center (Warsaw), you are part of a global logistics and IT network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move!
- Leads the sub-function “Application Development and Maintenance” functionally and disciplinary in the STC, to develop and support cost effective, resilient, innovative and reliable solutions. Support global function TSC Solution Delivery to establish and evolve TSC Solution Delivery standards and thus contribute to the enhancement of overall Solution Delivery maturity at DB Schenker IT
- Includes responsibility for “Solutions and System Architecture” unless such a sub function will be created due to future growth
- Performs all development and duties in area of responsibility in accordance with all legal requirements, SOPs, guidelines, rules of procedures, by-laws, compliance and IT Governance & STC rules
- Speaking partner for other functional managers and topic owners in HR issues.
- Responsible for implementing the TSC strategy
- Supports General Manager in establishing and maintains good relations with relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for employment and development process with the support of a local HR and local managers
- Demonstrates drive, confidence, risk taking and good customer handling skills
- Strong communication & negotiating and intercultural skills
- Independent & able to work with minimum supervision
- Distinctive administration skills
- Strong software delivery know-how; solid project management know-how
- Knowledge about Solution Design / IT Architecture
- Ideally Interest in Innovative Approaches and Solutions
- Languages: Fluent in English, oral & written (must), fluent in German, oral & written (desirable)
- Minimum Master degree in IT or related disciplines
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant working experience (on managerial position)
- Experience of working in an Intercultural environment, within area of responsibility (must), outside / globally (ideally)
- Ideally experience with global implementations / solutions and their challenges (incl. Project Management and Software Delivery)
- Experience in workshop facilitation and management
- Experience in financial management (budget, actuals, invest requests, ..)
- Having an impact. In our team every opinion matters. We are inviting everyone to bring their ideas along because we think that it helps us to create the best products possible
- Minor benefits for you to enjoy. Holiday bonus, subsidies to private healthcare, sports, cinema, and theatre tickets and group insurance.
- Great atmosphere. Awesome people, foosball and after work beer is at your disposal.
- Challenges. We are not afraid of challenges because they are fun to solve Development. We are offering you not just a job but the place where you can professionally and personally grow
- Open Communication. We strongly believe that good communication is at the core of all successful companies. That’s what we cultivate in our company as well.