- Be part of a dedicated and global 4PL/LLP team including implementation and ramp-up of the new business
- Work within a customer centric control tower to provide operational and tactical services covering all aspects of the forwarding process
- Execute defined shipment planning and traffic management processes including operation of Traffic Management System:
- Ordering: receipt and validation of customer orders
- Planning: load planning, load tendering, scheduling and transport booking
- Execution: creation of required documents and notifications including packing lists, commercial invoices, certificates of origin and licenses. Communication and collaboration with forwarders, carriers, and other third parties as required
- Monitoring: status monitoring to ensure successful execution of transport flow. Control adherence to routines and procedures through monitoring of production systems and EDI flows
- Settlement: Check supplier invoices according to the authorization plan
- Ensure compliance with defined processes including Quality Management requirements to facilitate the administration and management of the agreed service scope
- Proactively take corrective actions in case of deviations to ensure effective operation of the customer's supply chain.
- Report deviations to enable analysis and improvement
- Help the Traffic Manager compiling required statistics for evaluation and follow-up of services rendered and bought, as well as to provide Traffic Manager with statistics and reports agreed upon
- Support procurement processes
- Participate in customer and supplier meetings regarding operational matters
- Active involvement in the carrier/supplier performance management
- Analyze with the Traffic Manager, the operations to make suggestions for continuous improvements for effectiveness, quality, and sustainability
- Experience with all modes of transport, particularly road and air
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Comfortable in international environments
- Good standard of English to use in business environment
- Experienced user of MS Office, transport management system and ideally ERP (e.g.SAP)
- Customer focused attitude, issue solving mindset
With seminars, trainings and further qualifications we offer our employees (m/f/d) individual and long-term development and career opportunities on professional, project and management levels.
Fascinating national and international projects and tasks such as sports and events logistics, trade fair logistics or special transports enrich the work environment.
Workplace Health Management
We take social responsibility for our employees (m/f/d). DB Schenker offers a comprehensive workplace health management with programs for health promotion and prevention.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker Dedicated Services (SDS) Germany GmbH is a totally independent, non-asset-based company, focused on finding the most cost efficient and practical solution for every transport and logistics requirement for customers in all industries. Together with its sister organization based in Gothenburg, Sweden, SDS Group represents the 4PL activities of DB Schenker in Europe.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.