What will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Plan, manage and control all aspects of the operation and provide the highest level of service at the lowest cost
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the work at the site
- Liaison person to the General Manager, implement and manage operational plans
- Prepare and control operational budgets and control inventory
- Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the site
- Be proactive in the recruitment and training process, establish organizational structures, establish work schedules, supervise staff, evaluate and monitor performance of staff to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
- Maintain and implement plans to establish productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
What you need to succeed (Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes)
- This is a management position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory or management experience.
Why You will Love DB Schenker
Many of our jobs come with great benefits-including healthcare, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Earn up to 3 weeks' Vacation over the course of your first year + Holidays + Sick Days
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We are strong believers in continual training and development for our people. Your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
How to Get Started
You can begin by applying above or visit us at https://dbschenker.com/global/careers
Stay Connected With Us
Visit our Blog: https://www.nowthatslogistics.com
DB Schenker is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. DB Schenker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity