For the Service Management Team of IT Management Air & Ocean we are looking for an experienced Release Manager. The Release Manager will be assigned to Air & Ocean applications, starting with TANGO, which is the application that supports the administrative processes for the Air and Ocean Freight divisions and requires coordination of many stakeholders to install and maintain new releases in three TANGO environments. In a second step, the Service Management team will be responsible for all ITMAO Services.
The Release Manager is responsible for the management of the processes, systems and functions to package, build, test and deploy changes and updates (which are bounded as "releases") into a live environment, establishing or continuing the specified service to enable controlled and effective handover to operations and the user community.
* Plans releases (scope, content, and schedule; roles, responsibilities, and resource planning; quality and roll-back plan)
* Manages the process to agree what enhancements are in a release: leads the assessment, analysis,
* planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk
* Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress
* Places orders with software suppliers
* Coordinates and monitors release preparation
* Ensures release processes and procedures are applied
* Co-ordinates the ITMAO groups to deliver & test enhancements (Test, Deployment, Application
* Operations & Support)
* Conducts post release reviews
* Engages with management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria
* and are to the required standard
* Study to university degree level of natural sciences, computer science, business, or an equivalent
* Several years of working experience either in IT Architecture, IT Infrastructure or IT Operations
* ITIL Practitioner Certification and knowledge of the processes and tools of Service Management
* (ITIL) including Release and Deployment and Service
* Process development and improvement background / experience is a benefit
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken
* Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
* Strong analytical skills
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.