For more than 140 years, DB Schenker has pushed the limits of the logistics and supply chain management industry. Global Digital Solutions as part of the Chief Digital Office develops new customer-focused business models jointly with internal business units. We develop and transfer the global digital strategy into day-to-day business decisions and business development activities. We support the implementation of new digital products and provide expertise and solutions for a unified online marketing strategy and webpages. On a methodological level, we develop and implement a standardized approach for digital transformation projects across all business units.
To further strengthen our fast-growing Global Digital Solutions team in Frankfurt, we search a Business Development Manager IoT within the Business Unit "Global Digital Solutions" who supports and accelerated the development of DB Schenker's digital solutions portfolio in the area of real-time track & trace and internet of things (IoT). Transporting the enthusiasm for the broad potential or IoT solutions into the global DB Schenker community and to external customers you play a key role in shaping the product and creating awareness for our offerings.
* Developing and continuously enhancing a sales strategy for IoT products on a global base
* Explore new business opportunities in the market in order to acquire new customers.
* Identify target customers, analyze their business needs and make appropriate proposal.
* Develop and maintain existing business.
* Actively support DB Schenker GAM/KAM in bringing IoT solutions to the market
* Increase the sales capabilities of the IoT team on a global base by using digital and non-digital channel
* Research and resolve customer problems and complaints
* Establish, maintain and review sales planning and reporting tools
* Support product development team by articulating product enhancements based on market feedback
* Support in enhancing the capabilities of the customer support team
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
* Generally prefer several years of related sales management experience
* Passion for digital business models and technology is a clear advantage
* Entrepreneurial mindset, paired with exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, communication and strategic skills required
* Understands business and commerce and relates to the organization's market and strategy
* Is conversant with trends in industry, technology and competition and understands positioning and tactics in the marketplace
* Develops and maintains mutually respectful and trusting relationships with internal and external customers and concentrates on always meeting or exceeding their expectations
* Uses customer information and feedback to continuously evolve and improve products and services
* Always acts, plans and executes with the customer needs in the forefront
* Clearly sees goals and objectives and manages efforts effectively to achieve them
* Able to overcome barriers and to keep self and others focused. Bottom line driven and is consistently a top performer
* Has a comprehensive understanding for innovation and is able to see application potential of innovations in existing business processes
* Actively fosters creativity, conducts effective brainstorming and promotes creative or innovative solutions within the organization
* Demonstrates diplomacy as well as being direct and forceful, has the ability to gain concessions without damaging long term relationships or dialogue
* Negotiates skillfully with internal and external groups by listening and demonstrating commitment and integrity, resulting in gained trust and credibility
* Understands and personifies the culture of the organization recognizing the formal and informal channels and networks that drive relationships and progress
* Knows how to make things happen and get things done while showing respect and support for policies, procedures, practices and objectives
* Able to anticipate the scope and complexity of situations or deliverables and effectively evaluates and breaks down work, develops process and controls, assigns work and schedules resources accordingly
* Is prepared and expects barriers, challenges, uncontrollable variables and adjust plans accordingly, measuring results
* Is able to command and engage a group in a variety of settings, while being well prepared and effectively presents the material
* Creates and manages the group dynamic and is able to amend presentation strategy when it is not accomplishing the intended goal
* Sees future trends and consequences clearly based upon experience that reflects breadth and depth
* Is constantly processing information and data with a view to the future
* Is able to articulate strategic vision to educate colleagues or superiors and stakeholders and is able to translate into tactical reality
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.