Position Description Summary:
Responsible for directing the planning, implementation, administration, and budgeting of one or more of the following human resource functions: employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, organizational development, affirmative action, HRIS training, and general human resources administration.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department; participates in developing department goals and systems
* Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
* Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
* Stays current on recent federal, state, and case law changes and monitors labor law updates and newsletters for changes that affect HR
* Directs recruitment, screening, interviewing, selection, and placement activities for exempt and nonexempt positions when needed; creates and manages job descriptions
* Provides overall strategic HR leadership in the company, including strategy within each of the managed departments
* Coaches and mentors the existent teams of HR, management, and all employees; addresses complaints and resolving problems
* Accountable for motivating and stimulating supervisors and managers to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of their employees and maintain favorable relationships with the client in all aspects of the human resource function
* Must have the ability to mediate, counsel, and facilitate in arbitrating disputes between employees and their supervisors and managers
* Administer company policy that directly affects subordinate employees
* Establish and recommend changes to policies which directly affect other organizations
* Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 4-6 years of related HR supervisory or management experience.
DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Equal Opportunity Employer