Position Description Summary:
Responsible for providing prompt and consistent administrative support for the human resources function including the areas of compensation/benefits, employment, employee relations, and training.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Apply job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks
* Process forms or electronic data via the HRIS for human resources functional areas, advise management of significant errors or inconsistencies
* Maintain and organize employee files and personnel records
* Maintain requisition and other logs, schedule conferences, and prepare purchase authorizations
* Administer pre-employment screening results and conduct reference checks
* Respond to unemployment inquiries
* Responsible for distributing office correspondence and directing incoming calls
* Compile personnel statistics and provide information to employees on matters pertaining to personnel forms and records
* May prepare insurance reports summarizing claims and coverage, and conduct employee orientation to inform new employees of company benefits programs
* Maintain logs of materials received/distributed, prepare summary spreadsheets
* Coordinate meeting arrangements, negotiate cross-functional meeting schedules
* Maintain supply room and prepare order sheet
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience.
DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Equal Opportunity Employer