Position Description Summary:
Responsible for planning, organizing, budgeting, and implementing of all operations and logistical activities. Ensures that all operations and logistics functions are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established corporate and client operations, procedures, and requirements.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Plan, manage and control all aspects of the operation and provide the highest level of service at the lowest cost
* Coordinate, manage and monitor the work at the site
* Liaison person to the General Manager, implement and manage operational plans
* Prepare and control operational budgets and control inventory
* Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the site
* Be proactive in the recruitment and training process, establish organizational structures, establish work schedules, supervise staff, evaluate and monitor performance of staff to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
* Maintain and implement plans to establish productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale
* Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures
* Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required. Generally prefer 5+ years of related supervisory or management experience.
DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.