Tasks & Responsibilities: ? Conduct scheduled review with internal service teams to stabilize operational and technical service and data delivery against an SLA. ? Conduct periodical business reviews with customer (e.g. QBR) in a predefined format to include all of the customer's supply chain partners in scope ? Monitor and report on carrier's booking acceptance, allocation, status completion and timeliness. ? Monitor contracted sailing lead time vs. purchase order planning dates ? Own the SOP and keep it current. ? Train the trainer ownership for operational procedures and lead trainer for customer users. ? Create 3-year value progression initiatives for assigned customers and drive its realization. ? Reduce cost to serve by continuously reducing complexity in existing processes. ? Single point of contact to manage customer issues and requests log. ? Record service issues identify root cause and implement corrective actions. ? Contract rate updates and quote management. ? Implementation project manager for changes to assigned customer solution. ? Document customer's achievements into a case study format and publish internally. ? Support customer visibility needs through creation of power BI reports.
- This is a management position. Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or International Business. Generally, prefer 7 years of related management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, project management, consultative, presentation and communication skills required.
- Understanding of Supply chain concepts including Order Management, Vendor Management, Origin Logistics, Consolidation, Transportation Management
- Depth of experience and expertise in ocean freight and purchase order management as well as forwarding/carrier operational systems experience (primarily forwarder TMS and InforNexus)
- Working Environment:
- Assignment Complexity - Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ensure budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
- Accountability - Manage activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate managers or professionals who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods, and employees. May not have subordinate managers.
- Impact of Decisions - Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Working Relationships - Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Scope - Establish operational objectives and assignments and delegate assignments to subordinate managers or professionals. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying, and executing corporate policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity