Schenker Australia Pty Ltd, is proud to announce that we have been awarded by Department of Immigration and Border Protection and Australian Border Force full accreditation status as an Australian Trusted Trader (ATT).
Australian Trusted Trader is a voluntary trade facilitation initiative. It recognises businesses with a secure supply chain and compliant trade practices, rewarding accredited businesses with a range of trade facilitation benefits.
These benefits currently include:
- a dedicated Account Manager - the single point of contact between your business and the Australian Border Force
- Priority Trade Services when requesting duty drawbacks, refunds, and advanced rulings on tariff, valuation and origin though our National Trade Advice Centre
- a lighter touch at the border when importing goods
- use of the ATT logo, which is also recognised by international customs administrations
- access to Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRAs) - see below more information (Reference HERE)
- a monthly report on all goods imported and exported under the business’ ABN
- a ‘seat at the table’ to work in partnership with the Department and ABF
- an invitation to the annual ATT Symposium - an invitation only event for accredited Trusted Traders.
Mutual Recognition Arrangements
Trusted Traders have access to differentiated examinations in countries where Australia has signed a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA).
The MRAs were established between the Australian Government and some of key trading partners including:
- New Zealand Customs Service
- Republic of Korea Customs Service
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department.
MRAs provide Australian Trusted Trader exporters with faster access to international markets through reciprocal arrangements with our MRA partner countries. Recognition of the ATT logo in these countries builds confidence in Australian businesses and the security of their international supply chain.
MRAs are currently being pursued with a number of other key trading partners including Singapore, Thailand and China.
Australian Trusted Trader is an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) programme. AEOs work to secure the international supply chain, while facilitating the movement of legitimate trade.
DB Schenker has Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation in Canada, many European countries, APAC and C-TPAT in the United States of America. Schenker Australia’s ATT accreditation recognizes our ability to support the global movement of goods within a secure supply chain.