New service offers the fastest, most reliable air cargo service from the Midwest to Australia
Chesapeake, VA, March 6th, 2019. DB Schenker, a leading global transportation and logistics company, has launched Direct Express – Australia, a time-definite, airport-to-airport, scheduled air cargo service from Chicago, IL (ORD) to Sydney, Australia (SYD). This new service is designed to offer shippers in the Midwest, the fastest, most reliable air cargo service to Australia and is ideally suited for any industry where reliability and speed of delivery are essential to managing their supply chains.
“We are very excited about our new service down under,” said Chad Heller, DB Schenker’s Chief Commercial Officer in the U.S. “The U.S. is Australia’s third largest trading partner and represents a significant portion of imports to the country. A large portion of these imports include the automotive, pharmaceutical and industrial manufacturing industries, many of which are located in the Midwest. With speed-to-market becoming more and more critical, our new Direct Express – Australia service is well positioned to meet this need,” he added.
The service offers direct 777-300 freighter service to Sydney, every Monday departing from Chicago. With a payload over 102 metric tons, the 777-F provides more capacity than any other twin-engine freighter as well as being one of the most energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly aircraft effectively reducing carbon emissions as compared to most other aircraft currently in service.
Additional service features include:
- A 22:45 departure resulting in a late cut-off for shipment drop-offs
- With a 12:05 Wednesday arrival in Sydney, shipments are Customs cleared with same-day connections for next-day delivery to most major markets in Australia
- Cold chain storage operations in both Chicago, IL and Sydney, Australia
- With the ability for block space agreements, shippers can get guaranteed lift during heavy or peak periods of the year
- Shipments remain under DB Schenker’s single-source control.
- DB Schenker’s eSchenker web portal offers shippers 100 percent shipment visibility from pickup to delivery
- A wide range of shipping solutions for heavy and outsized products that can’t be loaded on passenger aircraft including hazardous goods
For more information about our new Direct Express – Australia service, visit https://www.dbschenker.com/au-en/about or in Australia call +61 2 9333 0333.
About DB Schenker in Australia and New Zealand
DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider supporting industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. DB Schenker has been operating in Australia since 1962 and covers Industrial, Automotive, Aerospace, Healthcare, Consumer, Electronics, and Fashion vertical markets, as well as the Fairs & Events, and the Oil & Gas sector.
For more information, go to www.dbschenker.com/au.