New service offers the fastest, most reliable air cargo service from the Midwest to Australia
Chesapeake, VA, March 6, 2019. DB Schenker, a leading global transportation and logistics company, has launched Direct Express – Australia, a time-definite, airport-to-airport, scheduled air cargo service from Chicago, IL (ORD) to Sydney, Australia (SYD). This new service is designed to offer shippers in the Midwest, the fastest, most reliable air cargo service to Australia and is ideally suited for any industry where reliability and speed of delivery are essential to managing their supply chains.
“We are very excited about our new service down under,” said Chad Heller, DB Schenker’s Chief Commercial Officer in the U.S. “The U.S. is Australia’s third largest trading partner and represents a significant portion of imports to the country. A large portion of these imports include the automotive, pharmaceutical and industrial manufacturing industries, many of which are located in the Midwest. With speed-to-market becoming more and more critical, our new Direct Express – Australia service is well positioned to meet this need,” he added.
The service offers direct B777 freighter service to Sydney, every Monday departing from Chicago. With a payload over 102 metric tons, the B777 freighter provides more capacity than any other twin-engine freighter as well as being one of the most energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly aircraft effectively reducing carbon emissions as compared to most other aircraft currently in service. Additional service features include:
- A 23:00 departure on Sunday
- With a 11:05 Tuesday arrival in Sydney, shipments are Customs cleared with same-day connections for next-day delivery to most major markets in Australia
- Temperature controlled storage operations in both Chicago, IL and Sydney, Australia
- With the ability for block space agreements, shippers can get guaranteed lift during heavy or peak periods of the year
- Shipments remain under DB Schenker’s single-source control.
- DB Schenker’s eSchenker web portal offers shippers 100 percent shipment visibility from pickup to delivery
- A wide range of shipping solutions for heavy and outsized products that can’t be loaded on passenger aircraft including hazardous goods
For more information about our new Direct Express – Australia service, visit www.dbschenker.com/us or in the U.S. call (830) 203-8000.
About DB Schenker
DB Schenker in the US is one of the largest Integrated Logistics Service Providers in the United States with over 7,200 employees in 47 branches and 55 logistics centers providing over 21 million sq. ft. of distribution operations to its clients. DB Schenker offers land transport, air and ocean freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions and global supply chain management services from a single source.
For more information, go to www.dbschenker.com/us