Are you ready for CARM?
CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management Initiative (CARM) portal is live as of May 25, 2021.
What is CARM?
CBSA has launched a multi-year initiative to modernize, streamline, and transform the importation of shipments into Canada. The key focus of this initiative is to develop capabilities that will improve the importing process and enhance compliance.
How will CARM impact you?
- Shift the responsibility of paying duties and taxes before the release of shipments from the brokers to importers
- The requirement to post own security to continue RPP privileges to release shipments
- Use of the broker’s Release Prior to Payment (RPP) security to release shipments will not be allowed
Be ready: What do you need to do?
Before October 2021
- Set up an account and register your business number (BN) in the new CBSA self-service CARM Client Portal (CCP).
- Delegate authority to Schenker as your designated Customs Broker.
- Obtain and register security to continue RPP privileges.
How can Schenker help?
- Provide you with critical and specific information to ensure your business is set-up for imports into Canada in compliance with CARM
- Offer comprehensive guidance and support throughout the transition process
We are making significant investments in systems, people, and capabilities to support your business and we will be ready with you!