Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (QSHE)
At DB Schenker Ltd we provide a top quality, multimodal globally integrated logistics service across a wide range of industry sectors. We take our customers further by pushing our limits and strive to continually improve our internal processes. We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment and ensure that our employees remain safe every day. We achieve our high level of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (QSHE) performance by using an established management system compliant to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 international standards. AS9120 management system is established in Heston and Aberdeen only.
Guiding principles are:
- Continually striving to ensure the workplace is pleasant and stress free whilst ensuring the prevention of injuries and ill health by identifying hazards and controlling risks through suitable assessments, together with the commitment to manage and improve all environmentally related activities in line with sustainable development and legislative compliance.
- Through identifying risk and opportunities within the business processes we strive to deliver continual improvement. Resulting in consistently exceeding our customer’s expectations, ensuring a safe workplace and developing positive environmental impacts.
- Demonstrating senior leadership and commitment to QSHE management by providing suitable resources ensuring QSHE requirements are integrated into the overall business plan.
- Ensuring all staff and other stakeholders can confidently report all near misses and incidents with the assurance that suitable investigation is completed to determine to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken.
- Providing a suitable QSHE induction, training and supervision for our employees, contractors and visitors to raise the awareness of relevant site and business risks and precautions as well as actions to take in the event of an emergency.
- Committing to setting a frame work for measurable objectives throughout the business that will be reviewed on a regular basis by senior management.
- Ensuring this QSHE policy is communicated and understood by employees and other stakeholders.
- Having regular QSHE communication meetings across all levels of the business providing an opportunity to raise awareness and consult with employees and other interested parties.
- Be committed to continual QHSE performance improvement, including prevention of pollution, reduction of waste (in alignment with the waste hierarchy), reduction of incidents or any ill health derived from participated company activities.
- Auditing and reviewing our QSHE Management systems using internal and external trained auditors to ensure compliance.
This policy will be reviewed every two years (or before if organisational developments arise).