Which transport document is needed, how do you fill in a waybill, order labels or a number series?
Each transport assignment that DB Schenker performs is based on the transport instruction you the customer submit. In order for us to keep our promises about delivery times and efficiency, the basic information for each assignment must be correct and available when the transport begins.
A waybill in combination with electronically transferred transport instructions are the shipper's instructions for the transport company. They are also used as supporting information to register transport information and freight charging. Each package should be marked with a transport label (STL). Approved versions of the waybill are 004 and 005 or laser printed and approved by us.
For DB SCHENKERsystem, DB SCHENKERdirect and DB SCHENKERcoldsped this means that an STL must be used as an address label for marking goods and that a traditional waybill must be issued according to current transport terms. For DB SCHENKERparcel an STL, with the specified addition, must be used.
There are two unique number series that are needed to create a transport document.
1. Shipment ID
Shipping number series for Package/Waybill number Unique number series for each shipment. A shipment may contain several packages. The nine-digit number must always be supplemented with a check number to become ten digits and thereby valid. The method to calculate check digits is called module 10:2 and is the same as the method used to issue civic identity numbers, for example. Normally, your TM system takes care of this automatically. To order a number series for a shipment ID, click below - NOTE! If you use a web-based TM system, you normally do not need to order a number series, this the TM system takes care of this automatically.
2. Package ID
Number series according to GS1 SSCCA unique number series for each package. Several packages may exist in one shipment. In case of questions regarding GS1 SSCC/Package ID, contact GS1 Sverige. It is important to be aware that both the above number series (Shipment and package - ID) must be chosen so that they are sufficient and are unique for at least 18 months. The number series will be used again after this period of time, in other words you will start over with the first assigned number.
A new number series should only be ordered if the assigned number series is insufficient.
For transport to a third country and to Åland, a commercial invoice should be prepared in accordance with the provisions of the respective country. Note that certain countries do not accept a so-called pro forma invoice as a supporting document for import customs. For supplemental information, see the Custom's home page for the shipper's and receiver's country.
Representatives for the Seller and Buyer must be stated in the transport instruction, even if pickup and delivery occurs for other parties. A transport instruction can only contain commercial invoices from one selling and one purchasing company.
If we issue an export declaration
The shipper should send the document below as soon as possible after booking to the agreed booking contact for DB Schenker according to the transport instructions. A document is also stapled behind the printed waybill.
1. A cover sheet or email message with information about which transport instruction the document applies to. Specify, for example, shipping information and shipping number or an attached copy of a waybill.
2. A commercial invoice is prepared in triplicate (3) copies in accordance with the respective country's provisions. The commercial invoice is used as a basis for an Export and Import declaration and needs to contain the following information:
a) Complete address information for selling and purchasing parties.
b) EORI number approved by the Customs Agency for the selling party. (Economic Operator Registration and Identification)
c) Clear product description
d) Number and type of packages
e) Customs statistics number* (and any additional codes for any custom statistics number)
f) Country of Origin by Goods and Customs Statistics Number*
g) Net and gross weight*
h) Product item value per Customs Statistics Number*
i) Dangerous Goods class (with ADR classed products)*
j) Liter/Number/Piece/m3/m2, etc. where Customs Statistics Number requires information
k) Deviating Export procedure code (Temporary export orActive processing etc)*If information is missing, the export occurs according to a Procedure code for a normal export.
l) The recipient's Customs Credit number (in the receiving country)
*This information should be specified in the commercial invoice per product item posting and Customs Statistics Number and be summarized per Country of Origin, Dangerous Goods and other required information per product item posting, such as for example number/piece/net weight and gross weight per Customs Statistics Number.As an alternative to summarizing this information in the invoice, the shipper can use a commercial list of goods or unit document (UD) per transport instruction.
3. Stamped EUR1 certificate or ATR CertificateThe shipper is responsible for attaching the Custom's stamped EUR certificate or ATR certificate per transport instruction as needed, if required for import customs in the receiving country.The shipper is responsible for contacting the purchaser in the receiving country regarding this or referring to the Customs 's home page for current rules and information.If DB Schenker is to search for the Customs Statistics Number per product item posting, summarize the Customs information based on the customer's commercial invoice, stamped EUR1 certificate or correct the parties on the submitted transport instruction, fees will be applied according to DB Schenker's applicable transport terms.
If you prepare an export declaration This option presumes that the customer is approved, has a permit and system support to declare exports in accordance with: Simplified procedure for an approved exporter “UGE” with the Customs.
The shipper must send the document below by fax or email as soon as possible after booking to the agreed booking contact for DB Schenker per the transport instructions. A document is also stapled behind the printed waybill.
1. Provide a cover sheet or email with information about which transport instruction the letter refers to by entering, for example, shipping information and shipping number or attached copy on the waybill.
2. A commercial invoice is prepared in triplicate (3 copies) in accordance with the respective country's provisions. The commercial invoice is used as a supporting documentation for an Import declaration and must contain the information below:
a) Complete address information for selling and purchasing parties
b) An EOR1 number for the selling party approved by Customs(Economic Operator Registration and Identification)
c) Clear product item description
d) Product item value
e) Number and type of packages
f) Net and gross weight
g) The recipient's Customs Credit number (in the receiving country)
3. Unit document with the Customs Agency's Custom ID and MRN number.
DB SCHENKERparcel to Åland
For shipments to Åland no commercial invoice is required. The purchaser's/receiver's tax number must however be on the freight document/STL label (VAT registration number). DB SCHENKERparcel to Åland is handled in the transport instruction with the country code FI (Finland).
Order label material & number series
eSchenker is our most advanced logistic solution yet. It incorporates all eServices into one portal, giving you maximum support at every stage of your supply chain. From tracking and scheduling to booking and reporting, eSchenker has your logistics covered.
The easy-to-use eSchenker tracking tool gives you real-time information about the location and status of your shipment, and its current estimated time of delivery. Allocation of a tracking number means that you can access detailed shipment data online without having to log in. Our tracking technology has now been upgraded with an even more detailed overview and status information for each of your shipments.