Data protection principles for DB Schenker
The personal integrity and security of your personal data is important to us. Therefore, in this policy we want to inform you about what personal data we collect, how and for what purpose we process the data and what you can do if you have questions or are dissatisfied with our processing of your personal data.
Schenker AB and other Swedish Schenker companies (in this policy referred to as 'DB Schenker' or 'we') are responsible for the processing of your personal data in cases where DB Schenker determines the purpose of the processing. This is typically the case when we process personal data to be able to perform our services, e.g. when you order a transport via our website, ask for a quote, or in the case of transports carried out on behalf of a customer of DB Schenker where you, as a consumer, are the recipient of the shipment (for example when you order an item from an e-commerce company).
Processing of personal data
Personal data is any kind of information that can be directly or indirectly related to an identifiable natural person (e.g. name, address, social security number, e-mail address, IP address and other identification data). The collection and processing of personal data is necessary for us to be able to perform the services offered by DB Schenker. The personal data is processed only for intended purposes, in order to be able to deliver goods or parcels to a particular recipient or to ensure that no unauthorized person collect the parcel, among other things.
For technical reasons, certain data is required to be collected and stored when you visit our website dbschenker.se. This includes the date, time of session, pages visited, browser identification data and operating system used. This data provides us with information about the number of visitors and how the website is used. The collection is completely anonymous.
In addition to website visits, the collection and processing of personal data takes place;
- to process a quotation request and communicate with you regarding the requested service or product
- when you communicate with us through Chatbot, Voicebot or digital forms on our web pages
- when you communicate with us using other digital channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn or the like
- when you buy our services or use our online services
- when the party from who you purchased a product, hire us for transport, logistics, or other service assignments
- when you pick up parcels from one of our parcel agents
- to manage payments
- to perform camera surveillance at our facilities
- to carry out surveys in order to improve our service to you as a customer
- for marketing purposes. At any time, you can opt out of continued marketing mailings.
Personal data processed in these cases include, inter alia, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, ID document number, electronic identification data and recorded material.
Processing involves, for example, the collection, reading, use, transfer and deletion of personal data.
Legal basis for processing
All processing of personal data is in accordance with current legislation, primarily the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)*. We process your personal data when we have a lawful basis for processing, for example;
- when necessary to execute an agreement with you or the person you purchased a product from, which may also include communicating with you in connection with the performance of our services.
- when necessary to fulfill a legal obligation or
- when there is otherwise a legitimate interest in the processing, for example in the marketing of our services.
By taking appropriate technical and organizational measures, DB Schenker is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is handled in a secure manner and protected from intrusion, access, dissemination, loss or other unauthorized handling.
DB Schenker works in accordance with current and applicable security standards.
We collect, process and store only the personal data that is necessary to fulfill our obligations.
Personal data is kept up to date
As our service is dependent on your personal data being accurate and up to date, we ask you to inform us of any relevant changes. You can contact Customer Service to notify us of the changes. If we detect incorrect information, we will update the information and inform you.
Storage of personal data
The data is stored during the period agreed or decided in relation to the legislation, and we ensure the erasure of the personal data when it is no longer needed for the intended purpose. The period is determined by the purpose and the legal basis for the processing, so there is not a general storage period that applies to all data.
When required by law, DB Schenker will obtain consent before processing your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us.
Transfer of personal data to third party
We transfer personal data to third parties in cases where we use subcontractors or partners to fulfill the agreement we have with you, or the party you purchased a product from, and who have hired us for transport or logistics service, and also in cases where criminal offence is suspected and we are responsible to provide authority with this information. In case the recipient is processing personal data on our behalf and hence is our data processor, we ensure that the data is processed securely and only for the purpose of carrying out the ordered service or the intended purpose, by signing a so-called data processing agreement with that third party.
We only use data processors in the EU or in countries that can give your data adequate protection.
Information about camera surveillance at the facilities of DB Schenker
DB Schenker Sweden is responsible for the processing of personal data in connection with the camera surveillance which is carried out at our facilities in order to investigate and prevent crime, accidents and losses.
The legal basis for camera surveillance is our legitimate interest to perform this processing of personal data. In the balancing of the interests, we have taken into account the right to privacy for the persons being subject to surveillance and weighed this against the benefits of being able to investigate crimes, damages, injuries and losses thoroughly and thereby being able to increase the safety and security for staff and visitors.
We protect the processed personal data by taking the necessary technical and organizational security measures. The recorded material is stored for 30-60 days.
You have the right, in accordance with applicable law, to receive information about what data we store and what we use it for. You also have the right to request updates or get your data corrected in case of inaccurate information. In some cases specified in the legislation, you also have the right to request that DB Schenker cease processing, or delete the data, provided that there is no justified and lawful reason for DB Schenker to retain the data. You can also contact us if your information has been processed in violation of the law or other legal obligations. At the end of this text you will find information on how to contact us for such a request.
You also have the option to file a complaint directly to the responsible supervisory authority - the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection, IMY.
When you request information about your data, to have it corrected or deleted, we will promptly process your request and execute the request to the extent this is feasible in accordance with other legislation and regulations.
If you have questions, suggestions or comments on the information in this policy or questions and suggestions regarding our processing of personal data, please contact us:
DB Schenker Sverige
412 97 Göteborg
This policy was last updated 2021-10-25.
* Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) - also known as GDPR.
Cookies are small text files that allow us to recognize your browser and collect information about which web pages you have visited at our website. DB Schenker uses this information to generate statistics on user visits, which are used to improve our services. No information directly linked to you as a person is collected.
Cookies can also be used to maintain choices you have made when you return at a later date, to make our services more user friendly.
Sometimes cookies are used to offer relevant marketing, based on which pages on our website the visitor have visited.
Cookies are deleted immediately when you close your browser (session cookies) or are stored to facilitate future visits (permanent cookies).
If you do not want cookies to be used or if you want to delete existing ones, you can change your browser settings.
Web beacons are small transparent image files that can be found in emails from us. These are used to follow up statistics on how many of our e-mails that arrive, are opened and read. You can decline to receive this type of e-mail from us by clicking Unregister in the email.
Cookies used on DB Schenker's websites
- Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Hotjar and Piwik / Matomo Analytics: Used to analyze the traffic on our websites for developing purposes.
- Google Doubleclick, Facebook and Delta: Used to offer relevant marketing.
- Dibs: Used for payment and for storing card details at skicka.dbschenker.com.
- Unifaun: Used to facilitate the use of the service, personalize parts of the content and for visitor statistics.
- Regin: Used to personalize and simplify our property form
- Albacross and Target Media/Bidtheatre: Used to offer relevant marketing based on IP address and previous visits.
- Oracle Eloqua and Marketing Cloud: Analyze what content you are looking at on our websites and offer relevant content based on what you are interested, in forms and submission to events. You can turn Eloqua on or off here.
Save user session information
max 7 days
Save user session information
max 7 days
Companies within DB Schenker Sweden that are covered by this policy;
Schenker AB, Schenker Logistics AB, Schenker Åkeri AB, Schenker Consulting AB, Schenker Property Sweden AB, Schenker North & East AB, Schenker Equipment AB, Schenker Dedicated Services AB.
Updated: December 18th, 2019